Power BI has released may updates
Here’s the complete list of May updates:
- Relative date slicer (preview)
- New table visual (preview)
- Combo chart data label enhancements
- More URL support in table & matrix
- Mailto links in textbox
- Report level measures for live connections to Analysis Services tabular models & Power BI service datasets
- 2 new quick measures (preview): Total for category & Rolling average
- Bin by count
- New connector: Dynamics 365 for Customer Insights
- Combine files – ability to reference “First File” as example
You can also watch this video for demo of these great new features.
On top of this, there are 2 other things I think you should know if you and your organization has already started or are planning to use Power BI.
1 Power BI free license will no longer enable you to share reports, you have to have either pro license or Power BI premium (see point 2).
2 MS is introducing Power BI Premium, a new way of sharing your report either on premise (Power BI report server) or cloud. read here for more info.
a whitepaper is also available for you to know more about this brand new offering.
There is also a post from Matt for detailed reasoning why MS is doing this